Interesting Tidbits from CHPA 2012
Apartment Inventory Challenges
- Cris Sullivan, Gables – LRO Successful Tip: Approach your apartment community partners and ask for parameters of a ‘price guarantee’ such as 24-48 hours.
- Kristy Wisdom, AMLI – LRO Positive: For a conventional lease, we don’t have to say ‘no’ any more. It just impacts price and it depends on the relationships. What’s the best solution for both partners?
- Michelle White, Today Living Group – With condos, focus on bringing down the barriers by attending condominium board meetings.
- Background checks? Most companies have loosened credit restrictions while increasing criminal background checks re: violent offenses, felonies, etc. Use this as a selling point as your company is “ensuring the security of clients, properties and partners.”
- Cathy Macaione - Negotiate with property management before a lease will expire. You may be able to get a better rate when renewing early.