2021 Conference UPdate - 9/22/2020
This message is to update you on the difficult decision we have made to cancel the February 2021 Annual Conference in Tucson, Arizona.
This decision was not made lightly, and we share your disappointment that we will not be able to gather in February. As we evaluated the potential options for this conference, it became evident that an in-person event of this size posed a risk for the health and safety of all attendees, as well as significant financial risk to the association.
Your additional input on the recent member survey was very helpful. Respondents indicated concern about the safety of in-person gatherings, while also citing the attendee experience would be severely limited due to social distancing protocols and restrictions currently in place. Travel restrictions - both from their own companies and government regulation- along with budget and staffing cuts would also prevent some members from attending.
With so much uncertainty about the event experience and member participation, we were able to work with the JW Starr Pass Resort to reschedule our 2021 dates to 2024.
What comes next?
Our mission is to help members succeed. Education and networking opportunities are even more critical today to contribute to that success. The decision to cancel the conference gives us the flexibility to better evaluate our member needs, concerns, and priorities, and ultimately deliver the value you expect.
As CHPA leaders, we commit to reimagining and reinvigorating those opportunities for 2021. We need your feedback to do so. We are exploring new opportunities including and not limited to:
- Developing smaller in-person, localized meetings where regulations allow
- Producing digital events focused on key industry needs
- Creating new networking opportunities both on- and off-line to facilitate the connections that are so vital in our industry
Over the next few weeks, we will be providing several ways to provide input on new offerings to best support your company during the economic recovery:
- Special Focus Group Listservs: These groups will assist us in vetting new ideas and offerings for our membership. If you’re not already a member of a Special Focus Group, join today.
- Associate Partner Council: We will host several meetings with the Associate Partner Council to hear how CHPA can best assist you in gaining the visibility you need to meet your business goals; watch for more information as these are scheduled.
- Opportunities for Input: Look for mini-surveys and other opportunities to provide what you and your company need to be successful in 2021. We will post these opportunities via CHPA’s social media and include them in the weekly eNews.
During these challenging times, we cannot thank you enough for the ongoing commitment to our industry and our association. While it has been a struggle for our industry collectively, we know that CHPA members have demonstrated the utmost professionalism in adapting to all the new changes and challenges we’ve all faced in 2020.
Until we can see you in-person again, watch your inbox for more information about new, exciting opportunities in 2021.
Your CHPA Board of Directors
Chair: Lee Curtis, CCHP - RESIDE Worldwide
Vice-Chair: Dan Gorman, CCHP, GMS - Avenida Suites
Secretary/Treasurer: Steve Frey, CCHP - Oasis Corporate Housing
Immediate Past Chair: Jeff Brookhouser, CCHP - Premiere Suites
Gary Ciabotti, CCHP - V-Suites
Billy Cochran, CCHP -TP Corporate Lodging, Inc.
Barb Hale, CCHP - dluxSuites
Ryn Jarrett, CCHP - Travelers Haven
Jack Jensky - Synergy Global Housing
Lukas Krause - National Corporate Housing
Jeff Reich, CCHP - CORT Furniture Rental
Maria Telfer, CCHP - GoRoverGo