Webinars are FREE to CHPA members, but you must log-in to register at the member rate.
Membership in CHPA is company-wide. If your company is a member, but you do not have a login at this time, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and a staff member will assist you in creating an employee account tied to your company so you may register at the member price.
About the Webinar
Date: Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Time: 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. EDT
Ignorance of Fair Housing Laws is no excuse! Staying on top of latest cases, rulings and directives is critical; not doing so can create an expensive lesson. Fair Housing classes don’t have to be dull and boring...in fact you might be excited to hear what is changing, how it impacts you and your property. You will get your questions answered and your answers questioned. Don’t be the one who gets the owner sued!
- Can residents smoke pot on your property? Does pot have the same rules as cigarettes? Can you make your residents stop smoking anything?
- Aren’t pit bulls dangerous? Can they be assist animals? A prospect has a parrot and claims that it is a service animal. Can a bird do that? What about obvious fake doctors notes? A resident has a new puppy and when questioned says that it is her emotional support animal. I think that isn’t true. What can I do?
- You are out of parking spaces. Do you have to let every disabled person have a reserved spot? What if other handicapped people park in a reserved spot? We have so many handicapped parking spaces that others can’t find a place to park? Is there a limit?
- Your boss is concerned about using social media. Can we get sued if you say the wrong things?
- Do we now have to rent to criminals?
- Do I have to print all my documents in different languages?Who is responsible for translating if the prospective resident doesn’t speak English?
- Can I evict a resident who keeps calling 911 because of her ex-spouse?
- Residents are complaining about the smell of marijuana smoke coming one particular apartment. We have asked the pot smoker about it and he denies it. What should we do?
- The maintenance tech found a marijuana plant growing in a resident’s apartment. It’s just one little plant. Can we just ignore it?
- A female resident says that one of our employees patted her on bottom. He says they always hug when they say hello and she usually initiates the hug. Do we have a problem?
About Our Presenter
Anne Sadovsky, CAM, CAPS has been in the industry 5 decades and is a former VP of Marketing and Education for Lincoln Property Company. She is a contributing writer for many publications and is often quoted in articles pertaining to the apartment industry.
She was named one of the top trainers in the industry by MultiHousing News and both the Brainstorming Conference and the Apartment Association of Greater Dallas have honored Anne with Legends Awards.
She has flown three million miles sharing her knowledge and wit, and her success story has been featured in many national magazines including Money, Texas Business and Ladies Home Journal. Clients choose Anne because she is multifaceted, offers many topics, shares skills and tools that are life changing, common sense, fun but no nonsense and that increase NOI. She has saved and made millions of dollars for her training and consulting clients.
Nick Estrada, Director of Membership
Tickets not currently available for this event