Showcase Your Competence and Professionalism
The Certified Corporate Housing Professional (CCHP) certification highlights you and exemplifies your competence and professionalism within the corporate housing industry. The CCHP certification demonstrates your knowledge of sales & marketing, operations and finance as applied to the industry. Individuals holding this certification uphold the values of the profession and continue to hold themselves to the most current education offered.
How will being a CCHP benefit me?
As with all professional credentials, holding the CCHP showcases your professional knowledge and showcases to your peers, partners and clients that you have a true mastery of your profession. Holding the CCHP also provides confirmation of your knowledge of the industry's best practices and your commitment to continuing your professional education (you must apply for recertification every 3 years). Gaining this certification as one of the top executives of your company also moves your company one step closer to receiving the CHPA Company Accreditation as well.
Already have your CCHP certification? Learn how to make the most of it or apply for your recertification below.
- Hold a high school diploma or GED.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in the corporate housing or related industry (ex: hotels, property management, real estate, relocation).
- Demonstrate competence and professionalism in the corporate housing industry
- Pay the required fee ($500 for member-company employees and $750 for non-member-company employees)
Taking the Exam
CHPA provides four testing windows each calendar year. During each window, you are able to schedule your exam at a time and testing center that is convenient for you. Please note that until an application deadline has passed, you are unable to apply for a future testing window. Current testing windows are:
|Testing Window||Application Deadline*|
|February 21 - March 21, 2020||January 15, 2020|
|May 1 - 31, 2020||March 25, 2020|
|August 1 - 31, 2020||June 24, 2020|
|November 1 - 30, 2020||September 30, 2020|
|Testing Window||Application Deadline*|
|February 1 - 28, 2021||January 6, 2021|
|May 1 - 31, 2021||March 31, 2021|
|August 1 - 31, 2021||June 30, 2021|
|November 1 - 30, 2021||September 29, 2021|
*Applications will not be accepted after this deadline.
The CHPA Corporate Housing Professional Certification Examination is a computer-based examination composed of a maximum of 100 multiple-choice, objective questions with a total testing time of 1.75 hours. The content for the examination is described in the Content Outline on the next page.
The questions for the examination are obtained from individuals with expertise in corporate housing and are reviewed for construction, accuracy, and appropriateness by the CHPA. CHPA, with the advice and assistance of the Professional Testing Corporation, prepares the examination. The CHPA Corporate Housing Professional Certification Examination will be weighted in approximately the following manner:
- Operations (37%)
- Financial Management (26%)
- Marketing and Sales (37%)
Resources and Documents
The following items are included below for your convenience.
- Exam Application - Complete an application to take the CCHP exam in the upcoming testing window.
- Practice Exam - Purchase a 25 question practice exam. The cost of this exam is $50 and you are provided a testing time of 1 hour to complete. Do note the questions do not change, so purchasing the exam multiple times will not provide you any additional questions.
- CCHP Handbook - This is the most current version of the candidate handbook. If you have questions on the policies in the handbook, please contact CHPA at email@example.com.
- Study Guide - This provides candidates with important information to prepare for the exam.
Partnership with PTC & Prometric
The Certified Corporate Housing Professional (CCHP) exam is administered and managed by CHPA's partners at PTC and Prometric. Please contact the appropriate entity for the following questions:
Professional Testing Corporation (PTC)
- Create flashcards of the Industry Terms to study unfamiliar phrases
- Take the online sample exam to get a sense of how you will do on the exam itself (a free sample is included with a full exam purchase)
- Access CHPA’s recorded webinars to gain expert insights into domain areas and past topics (including the Virtual Study Group webinars below)
- Be sure to review the frequently asked questions (FAQ)