As Hurricane Irma approaches Florida, we are thinking about members in the area who may be affected by this storm.
In recent weeks, CHPA members have provided a tremendous outpouring of support for fellow corporate housing providers in Texas who were affected by Hurricane Harvey. We stand ready to assist those impacted by Hurricane Irma.
- If your company has been affected by Hurricane Irma or Harvey: Send us an email or tweet @chpaonline whenever possible to let us know you're safe, and to communicate your needs so we can alert other CHPA members. This could include lodging for your guests or staff, supplies, office administration assistance or other needs. If possible, please let us know a main contact regarding these needs and any initial information you have about a time-frame so we can best coordinate a response.
- If your company is willing to assist those who have been affected: Email us to let us know. We will provide contact information for those who have requested assistance so you may coordinate directly with them.
We are thinking of all in the storm’s path, and know that the CHPA community will pull together during this time of need. Donations for those in affected communities can also be made via the Red Cross.
Resource that may be helpful:
- CHPA offers members a crisis plan for situations such as these. That document can be accessed here.
- Ready.gov offers resources to help prepare.
- The official FEMA Help Page for those in need can be found here.
- Feeding Texas is coordinating a network f food banks to assist with recovery efforts. Donations can be made here.