Episode 15: Coming Back To Mobility
Mobility is very important in the corporate housing industry. But as we move to a post-COVID world, what does mobility look like? And will it ever be the same as it was before?
In this half hour podcast, you'll hear:
- Futurist Brian David Johnson discuss what mobility looks like in a post-COVID world
- Futurist Greg Lindsay reveal his research on how workers, employers and cities are redefining mobility
- Maura Carey from Dwellworks outline how corporate housing companies can adapt to this new reality
- Three things you can do now to prepare for the new world of mobility-- plus two lightning rounds of additional takeaways!
Take Action: 3 Things To Do (Plus 2 Lightning Rounds!)
- Take a moment.
- In times of crisis, leaders need to take the time to reflect.
- Think about the future of your own work; the future of your business; the future of how you want to come back.
- Consider which interactions still need to be face-to-face, and how these interactions could be redefined.
- Don’t make assumptions about who wants to be mobile.
- Younger workers may be digital natives, but they also need to face-to-face interactions for their own career development.
- Survey your staff to find out how they want to work.
- Focus on safety and security.
- Think about Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs; people won’t re-engage if they don’t feel safe.
- Focus on duty of care; deliver safety and security and everything else will flow from this.
- Don’t be prescriptive in your mobility recommendations; give workers choices and let them design their own experiences.
- Be ready; people want to be mobile again, and they will be mobile in ways they haven’t been before. There’s a backlog of people ready to re-engage. Be prepared for this volume.
Additional Links and Resources
www.chpaonline.org/COVID19 : The hub for CHPA's COVID-19 resources
- CHPA: Monthly Survey Results on COVID-19 Impact (Member login required)
- Maura Carey - LinkedIn
- DwellWorks - LLC LinkedIn, Corpoarte Housing LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram
Stump the Futurist/Contact Us
Questions, concerns or comments on the Navigating the Noise podcast or trends impacting our industry? We want to hear from you! Contact us with your questions so we can address them in upcoming Navigating the Noise materials.