Supporting our Communities
CHPA's charity of choice is Move for Hunger, a non-profit organization established to support the efforts of community food banks. Their charge is to pick up unopened, non-perishable food items left behind during the moving process and deliver it to local food banks.
Move for Hunger works with more than 800 moving companies, 90 apartment communities and more than 40 corporate housing providers in North America and Canada. Together, they have delivered over 8.5 million pounds of food to the food banks. This is enough to provide over 7 million lifesaving meals for those in need.
CHPA also supports a variety of charities by coordinating member time, donation drives and financial resources in areas where CHPA events are held. Members have generously supported:
- Habitat for Humanity - Myrtle Beach, SC; San Diego, CA; Houston, TX; Trenton, NJ; New Orleans, LA
- Stand Up For Kids - Las Vegas, NV
- Fisher House - Washington, DC
- Ronald McDonald House - Chicago, IL; Austin, TX
- City Harvest - New York, NY
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County
- Capital Area Food Bank
- Greater Chicago Food Depository
- Santa Clara County Food Bank
- University District Food Bank (Seattle)