EPISODE 7: CUSTOMERS OF TOMORROW
Who are the corporate housing customers of tomorrow? Tomorrow’s customers will have different desires and different decision-making processes, driven by technology and convenience. Learn what corporate housing and serviced apartment providers must do to meet the needs of tomorrow’s customer.
In this podcast, you will hear:
- Futurist Brian David Johnson and Mary Ann Passi, CEO of CHPA, discuss the demands, desires and decision-making of the customers of tomorrow
- Julie Jenson Bennett, CEO of Precipice, dive into how brands must be prepared to interact with tomorrow’s customers
- Global mobility professional Vladimir Dziak discuss how the need for immediacy and customization is changing the decision-making process
- Stephen Hanton, CEO of SACO, review how the corporate housing product must change to meet customer demands
- Shree Khare, VP of Information Technology for Oakwood, examine how technology can be used to meet changing customer demands
- Three things to do now to prepare your company for the changes coming
Click here to download the full transcript
NEW for Season 2: Based on member requests, we have added a video component to our podcasts. Thank you to ASAP for their generous support! Watch the full episode or each section individually.
The Road Ahead
3 Things To Do
- Find your customer’s True North.
- Think creatively to stay relevant to your customer/client base
- Innovate wherever you can; you must stay ahead of the curve.
- Analyze your process of how you’re engaging and communicating with people.
- Understand how you can enable the end user to become a participant in the process.
- Customers want to know why providers are doing things in a certain way; discover the challenges you must overcome to meet the guest experience they’re expecting.
- Rethink how you interact with and communicate with guests.
- Understand the shift from a B2B to a B2C model.
- Think about how to communicate with the consumer. This could mean chat bots or simply updating your FAQ.
- Look critically at operations and see how to improve via technology.
- The end user wants to engage with your brand, so look for new and interesting ways to connect.
Additional Links and Resources
Stump the Futurist/Contact Us
Questions, concerns or comments on the Navigating the Noise podcast or trends impacting our industry? We want to hear from you! Contact us with your questions so we can address them in upcoming Navigating the Noise materials.