The Value of Corporate Housing
Corporate housing is fully furnished temporary housing, typically in an apartment setting. Professional providers coordinate these units to include furniture, housewares, amenities, cable, phone, electric, water, etc., usually at one inclusive cost to the company and typically for 30 + days.
Corporate housing is a physical space and a full range of services offered to a client/guest, specific to their unique needs. Corporate housing is more than four walls; it is everything you need to live away from your permanent home.
ABOUT Corporate Housing
- Corporate housing is an established and global industry providing a valuable and specific business purpose to the community.
- A business-to-business model, professionally-managed corporate housing provides furnished housing to individuals, military personnel, and corporations, typically for longer than 30 days and less than one year.
- Corporate housing generally consists of furnished apartments, condos and single-family homes for people to use on a temporary basis. This includes employees experiencing a training or transition/relocation, as well as people who have been displaced by disaster or who require long-term medical care. Clients are most often vetted professionals and their families.
- Providers are insured business entities, governed through tenant/landlord leases and regularly pay rent to property owners.
- Corporate housing providers pay taxes and other required financial obligations, abide by property zoning laws, health and safety codes, community lease restrictions on minimum stays, and other local regulations.
- Many corporate housing professionals also have industry designations and credentials highlighting their experience and knowledge, including:
- Certified Corporate Housing Professional (CCHP)
- Corporate Housing Providers Association (CHPA) company accreditation program
- International Serviced Apartment Accreditation Programme (ISAAP) Quality Assessment
The video below gives a brief overview of the corporate housing industry. Use this video on your website, social media pages or share with clients to promote the industry.
Industry White Papers
This white paper, intended for clients and guests, provides an overview of corporate housing and its many benefits. Download white paper.
Written for policy makers and other key stakeholders, this white paper provides key statistics about the corporate housing industry and its economic impact. Download white paper.
Written for policy makers and other key stakeholders, this white paper provides key statistics about the corporate housing industry and its economic impact specific to the Canadian market. Download white paper.