Board of Directors Nominations
Call for Nominations
The 2021 CHPA Board of Directors call for nominations is now open. There are three provider/agent member positions available. These board terms begins March 1, 2021.
Process and timeline
To submit a candidate nomination, click here. Self-nominations are welcome. Nominations must be submitted by Oct. 30, 2020.
Note: You must sign in or create a Submittable account in order to complete this form.
CHPA welcomes a diverse and inclusive leadership body. Elected members will serve a three-year term. Please note: Board positions are limited to one employee per CHPA member company.
The Leadership Development Task Force reviews all nominations to determine a slate of candidates that is reflective of the organization’s membership and leadership needs. Leadership Development Task Force members are: Jeff Brookhouser, CCHP; Eric Bache, CCHP; Wendy Galati, Tammy Gillespie and Lynn Glenn.
This year’s timeline is as follows:
- Oct. 30, 2020: Deadline for nominations
- Early November: All nominees will be contacted by CHPA CEO to conduct a brief video interview for leadership development task force to review. All selected candidates will be asked to complete a candidate form.
- Nov. 13: The slate will be presented to CHPA membership.
- Dec. 13-31, 2020: Online balloting open. One person per member company may vote in the election; only renewed member companies may vote.
Please note: Your company must have renewed your 2020-2021 membership before you may be considered.
Board candidates must meet the following criteria:
- An active CHPA member for at least two years prior to running for Board election
- An active participant in at least one Association initiative
- Have attended at least one Annual Conference
- Hold a senior management position in their company
- Hold the Certified Corporate Housing Professional (CCHP) designation Update Oct. 26, 2020: This requirement has been waived this year because of limited testing opportunities due to COVID-19
- Be an employee of a CHPA Accredited Company
Board members are expected to:
Board Member Roles and Responsibilities
- Be strategic: focus on the big picture vs. tactics
- Be present: Open-minded decision making and respectful debate
- Be prepared: Read and understand materials in advance
- Be engaged: Address issues versus personalities; acceptable to disagree if informed
- Be united: All leaders support Board decisions
Members of the CHPA Board of Directors make the policies for the Association and monitor the execution of those policies.
The Board determines future direction through CHPA’s strategic plan: general and specific policies, long-range planning, management and augmentation of finances, and use of resources. Please note: CHPA elected Board positions are held by the individual elected to that position.
In addition, individual board members:
- must uphold the Code of Ethics of the Corporate Housing Providers Association
- attend two in-person and two – four teleconference meetings of the Board, with the financial commitment for travel to attend Board meetings estimated at approximately $5,000 annually;
- are expected to take on a leadership role within the Association, dedicating approximately 4 hours per month to CHPA activities;
- assist the membership committee in making members feel welcome and part of the Association;
- are responsible for Association’s fiscal integrity;
- are responsible for the future growth and development of the Association;
- are ultimately responsible for the association’s activities;
- are responsible for promoting an understanding of the corporate housing industry; and,
- are proud of their profession.
If you have questions regarding board nominations, contact CHPA CEO Mary Ann Passi at email@example.com.